"The Negligee is a form of see-through clothing for women consisting of a sheer usually long dressing gown. It is a form of nightgown intended for wear at night and in the bedroom. It was introduced in France in the 18th century, where it mimicked the heavy head-to-toe style of women's day dresses of the time. Modern negligees are often much looser and made of sheer and diaphanous fabrics and trimmed with lace or other fine material, and bows. Multiple layers of fabric are often used. The modern negligee thus perhaps owes more to women's fine bedjackets or bed-capes, and up-market slips than to the nightgown. It spread to a mass market, benefitting from the introduction of cheap synthetic fabrics such as nylon and its finer successors. From the 1940s to the 1970s, the trend was for negligees to become shorter in length (e.g. the babydoll of the 1970s). Negligees made from the 1940s to the 1970s are now collectible vintage items.
In the UK in 2004, negligees accounted for only four percent of women's nightwear sales, women's pyjamas having dominated since the mid-1980s. However, UK Negligee sales are said to have been the fastest increasing sector of the market since 1998. Find all your Negligees here."
Lingerie is a term for fashionable and possibly alluring undergarments. The term in the French language applies to all undergarments for either gender. In English it is applied specifically to those undergarments designed to be visually appealing or erotic.
There are a wide range of bras from Basic everyday bras to Sexy Lace bras. Bra selections include Backless, Bridal, Demicup, Plunge, Plus-Size and Push-ups.
Panties are what you wear depending on the type of mood you are in. Sometimes you may want to wear something sexy or you just want to wear something that is just comfortable. Having as many types, brands and colors of panties gives you the choice of what you would like to wear. They don't cost much and they don't take too much drawer space. There are a wide selection of panties: Bikini, Boyshorts, Classic Briefs, Control Briefs, G-Strings, High-Cut Briefs, Hipster, Tanga and Thongs. There are also a wide range of panties by brand: Calvin Klein, Fruit of the Loom, Hanes, Vanity Fair and Warners.
Stockings, (also known as hose, especially in a historical context), is a close-fitting, variously elastic garment covering the foot and lower part of the leg. Stockings vary in colour, design and transparency. Today, stockings are primarily worn by women for fashion and aesthetics. They can also be worn for increased warmth. Stockings are very popular and are used regularly.
Lingerie is now all about glamour, appearance, sexiness, fit, softness and sensuality. It is about soft and bright colours and various materials from cotton to lace. It is about design and feel and everything in between. The most important aspect of Lingerie is that it should be about you. If you wear beautiful lingerie, you will feel wonderful!.
""If you are wearing lingerie that makes you feel glamorous, you're halfway there to turning heads"
- Elle Macpherson. Eleanor Nancy Macpherson is an Australian model, businesswoman, television host and actress. She is known for her record five cover appearances for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue beginning in the 1980s, leading to her nickname "The Body", coined by Time in 1989"
""I think lingerie plays a big part in how you carry yourself.""
- Nicole Richie. Nicole Camille Richie is an American television personality, fashion designer, and actress. She came to prominence after appearing in the reality television series The Simple Life, in which she starred alongside her childhood friend and fellow socialite Paris Hilton."
""Give a girl the right lingerie and she can conquer the world."
""Real elegance is everywhere - especially in the things that don't show."
- Christian Dior. Christian Dior was a French fashion designer, best known as the founder of one of the world's top fashion houses, also called Christian Dior, which is now owned by Groupe Arnault. His fashion houses are now all around the world."
"" For me, wearing lingerie isn't about anyone else but me. If I dressed for others I would be a miserable person."
- Ashley Graham. Ashley Graham is an American model who has become one of the most popular faces in the modeling industry and particularly for women who classify themselves as curvy (a term Graham prefers over ""plus-sized""). Known for her accessibility and body confidence, Graham has been described as an ambassador of the ""real beauty"" movement, which celebrates what real women's bodies look like rather than the impossible standards set by the fashion industry. With her increasing popularity, she has graced the covers of the world's biggest fashion magazines, including Vogue, Elle, and Harper's Bazaar and has walked the runway for major fashion brands and designers."
""Lingerie is my next love after clothing; I think it is what is worn underneath that really inspires a woman to feel beautiful in her clothes - that inner, secret glamour."
- Alice Temperley. Alice Temperley MBE is an English fashion designer based in London. Her fashion label, Temperley London was launched in 2000. In 2006, The Guardian noted that she had been described by American Vogue as the designer making the biggest waves in British fashion."